Applying for financial aid can be intimidating, but it doesn’t have to be. These resources break down the process into simple steps.
Step 1: Requesting your FSA ID
In order to apply for financial aid, you have to complete a FAFSA application. This is done through the FSA website. The first step is to create a FSA ID, which you will use to login to your online application.
You can create an FSA ID on the Department of Education's website: https://fsaid.ed.gov/npas/index.htm
Step 2: Completing your FAFSA Application
Once you’ve created your ID, you can use it to log into the FAFSA website and complete your application for financial aid.
To complete your financial aid application, you will need:
- Your FSA ID
- Your Social Security Number
- Your Alien Registration Number (if you are not a U.S. citizen)
- Bank statements and records of investments (if applicable)
- Records of untaxed income (if applicable)
- You may also need your federal income tax returns, W-2s, and other records of money earned. Some applicants are able to transfer their federal tax return information into your FAFSA using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool.
Ready? Start the application on the Department of Education's website: https://fafsa.ed.gov
Remember the FAFSA School Code for Auguste Escoffier School of Culinary Arts is 037763.
Step 3: Book a time to review your Aid options with your Financial Aid Advisor
This video explains how to keep track of your financial aid status, and the next steps you’ll have to take.